Tammy West
Classroom Teacher
Mishkeegogamang

Hi All.  Welcome to the 2019-20 school year!  I would like to extend a warm welcome to all new students just beginning their journey and I look forward to seeing familiar faces and continuing your journey to get one step closer to graduation.

My name is Tammy West and I am the classroom mentor in Mishkeegogamang.  This is my 11th year with KiHS and I have enjoyed the journey watching young people learn and grow.  I have a passion for teaching and books.  In addition to my mentoring position I am also the course instructor for the following courses:

- ENG1P

- ENG1D

- ENG4E

- ENG4C

- ENG4U

I started my teaching adventure in England teaching high school before coming back to Canada teaching in the north.  I spent my first year at KiHS in Keewaywin before moving onto Mish.

Besides teaching, I enjoy spending time with my family and being outdoors.  I have a two-year-old son, Connor who keeps me on my toes every day.  He is a delight who makes me smile and laugh daily.  I also have two dogs, who have been on my wild journey up north with me since beginning my time at KiHS.

If there are questions or concerns in regards to my courses or would just like to chat I can be contacted in the following ways:

- Email: tammywest@edu.knet.ca

- Classroom Phone:  807-928-2684

- Moodle Messenger

Tammy West